Custom Keyboard Commands Focus for Pro Tools
Use any key on your keyboard as a hotkey, but all keys are available in text fields.
Build unique hotkey actions for Pro Tools.
KeyScope does 3 things:
- Run powerful, configurable user-interface commands, like button clicks and menu selections, from a keyboard shortcuts.
- Any key-modifier combination is possible, even single keys. KeyScope takes care that those keys are available in any text-related focus, so you can type text as usual!
- KeyScope can also provide the same text-related focus state to Keyboard Maestro, so you can use all your macros with single keys with great flexibility and speed.
New: The actions in KeyScope include things you can‘t do satisfactory with Pro Tools’ own shortcuts or Keyboard Maestro or other any tool I know. Among the possible hotkey-assignable GUI actions are:
- Render, Analyze and Preview of last used or named Audiosuite window, with optional check of preferred input/output/handles settings.
- Open, Bypass or Deactivate Insert or Send windows, on named or currently selected Track.
- Open/Close Output window of named or currently selected Track.
- Show / Hide automation lanes
- Solo Clear
- Automation window commands (Preview, Punch, Write to selection, …)
- Copy selection timecode start / end / length as Text to Clipboard.
- many more…
KeyScope can build action commands for any app, but it has special knowledge of things in Pro Tools. While it can work with other apps, your mileage may vary.
KeyScope is still in development. Release in 2023. Shoot me an Email if you want to participate in the Beta process.
Pro Tools is a registered trademark of Avid Technology International
Keyboard Maestro is a registered trademark of Stairways Software Pty Ltd